What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files containing information, generated by a website and stored in the user’s browser, so that the website can consult the previous activity of the browser and offer a better experience. Information about a course carried out on the website itself, its interactions, its preferences, etc. can be saved there.
Misconceptions of cookies
Cookies do not store confidential information about the user such as credit cards or bank details, neither photographs nor personal data. Cookies are not viruses that can infect or delete user data, nor will they generate pop-up windows known as pop-up.
What types of cookies do we have?
- Technical cookies: they allow us to store options on our website, such as identifying a session, accessing extra or restricted content, etc.
- Personalization cookies: they store information previously personalized by the user, such as customizing the home page of our search engine.
- Analysis cookies: they allow you to store data on how the user browses. In this way, browsing habits can be analyzed and detected and the website improved to adapt to the browsing needs of users.
- Advertising cookies: created to manage and optimize aspects related to the publicity that the user receives, such as, for example, the frequency with which an ad is shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: created to manage and optimize the advertising space of the webs by storing data on your browsing habits. This type of cookie allows, for example, to show the user advertising banners in which they may be potentially interested.
Own and third party cookies
JSESSIONID: It is a platform login cookie. The cookie is used to maintain an anonymous user session on the server. It expires at the end of the user’s session.
Third Party Cookies
Is it possible to delete cookies?
It is possible not only to delete, but also to block cookies in a general way or in a particular way for a specific web domain. However, for proper operation and a better user experience, we do not recommend blocking cookies.
To delete cookies from a website you must do so through your browser settings.